The world around you suggests you wash your hands! You may wonder why so and what’s the significance of soap in our life. If so, you are in the right place.
You wash your hands before eating food, especially after returning from school and the playground. Mom had always insisted on washing hands, and dad was quite serious about it. Even the teachers recommended washing your hands. Have you ever wondered why?
Let’s find out today.
Importance of Soap In Our Life
According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, keeping the hands clean is vital as it stops spreading the germs and keeps you from getting sick. One gram of human feces can carry up to one trillion germs. So it’s easy for the poop to transfer if people don’t wash their hands thoroughly.
When people are not using soap and clean running water, they can transfer the germs to other people. Therefore, it can lead to the sickness of other people.
People may not realize, but they would touch their face a lot, and the germs can enter the body via mouth, nose, eyes, and thus, it would cause sickness.
According to Livescience, when people wash their hands with soap, the germs are removed from their hands. Of course, the germs are on your hand’s oil and grease, but using the soap would help wash the germs away as soap is excellent for both oil and water.
It would be best if you instilled healthy habits from an early age.
According to Healthline, mixing fat or oil with alkali makes the soap. Lye is the alkali, while the fat or oil could be from plants or animals.
Soap can wash away water and oil from your hands. So, when germs are on your hand, it’s best to use soap.
Now, you may wonder where you can get the germs on your hand.
Consider the following:
● Let’s say if you touch the knob of your door, there could be germs waiting for you!
● There could be germs on the slides and swings when kids visit the park.
● Germs could be on the table surface.
● There could be germs on the faucet too! So, clean it as well.
In short, germs surround you, but that’s normal, and you don’t have to be scared when you are taking the right measures. You must wash your hands and keep the surroundings clean. Also, keep your house clean and teach everyone why using soap is essential.
Since you were a child, you have been using soap, so now it may feel like a part of your life! But, first, you must learn the significance of basic things in your life. Sometimes all it takes is taking care of the basics, and everything else will fall in its place.
Soap is essential as you would be able to get rid of organisms that are otherwise active in making you sick! When the season change, you may find kids getting sick. While all other things are there, for example, allergies, etc., you must play your part and focus on washing your hands.
When the pandemic hit the world, people understood the significance of washing hands again! The doctors would advise you to wear masks, avoid contact with someone who has contracted the disease, and wash your hands! So, next time when you wash your hands, make sure you do it for twenty seconds or sing the happy birthday song twice.
Life is about making the right choices. Using soap is a choice too, and it’s the right thing to do, especially when you have small kids and don’t want to get sick. It’s good to be aware of a healthy life and make the best of your time and sources.
Tips to Keep In Mind for Maintaining Cleanliness
People may not realize the significance of cleanliness until it’s too late. For example, washing your hands with soap means maintaining your hands’ cleanliness.
Consider the following:
● Wash your hands thoroughly with soap before eating food. Also, wash your hands after eating food. If your hands get dry, moisturize them with the lotion that suits you best.
● You must also wash your hands if you have touched different surfaces as you never know what germs would be there.
● Always wash your hands after pooping and urinating. Also, teach your kids the significance of washing their hands thoroughly with soap.
● Raise awareness about handwashing in schools. Provide soap to the school so that more children can have access to clean water and soap.
● You can wash the hand for twenty seconds. Or there is a better idea if counting twenty seconds is a bit boring than you can try singing happy birthday. Do it twice! So, that’s what you should do and see if it helps. If you notice that kids are getting less sick, you will know that handwashing with soap works!
● Avoid keeping the hands wet after you wash them. Germs would love the wet hands! It’s best to find a towel and dry your hands. Tell your kids the same and teach them to use the towel or anything clean like tissue paper to dry the hands after washing them for twenty seconds.
● Avoid wasting water when you are washing your hands. You have to care about the well-being of the environment.
The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention would give you more information on washing hands. But, it’s always best to see what experts are saying, especially when a pandemic worldwide affects everyone. So, wash your hands and save yourself from all the hassle.
Wrapping It Up
Many things in life demand your attention, but let’s start with the basics. Understand the significance of washing your hands with soap and clean water. Tell your kids why it’s important and how it can play a significant role in stopping germs from spreading. It’s very basic, so you need not worry! Just wash your hands with soap, and you will be good.